Monday, September 13, 2010

Sylvia the amazing

I could have listened to Sylvia all day. She just makes me want to be a better teacher and empowers me to see where I want to be when I become a teacher. I can't believe that you gave me the chance to listen to her. I always knew morning meeting was important but now I can see why it is important and how people actually apply it to their classroom. It would be so amazing to have a principal like her to run the school that I get the opportunity to teach at. One of my favorite parts about what she was saying that she used in her classroom was the idea of breaking your emotions into storm categories. I can see this being so beneficial for students to learn so that they can regulate their own emotions. I think it would have been so useful for some of us as teachers to know how to do that because sometimes little rain drizzles we treat like tsunamis in our own life and bring them to class with us which we shouldn't do. I also liked how she told us to treat each comment with a POSITIVE feedback so that you are giving each student what they need. I could just talk about her all day because i feel it was so beneficial to listen to her and I wish we could listen to her more! Thanks for this opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Most of the tsunami whining I hear originates from low sleep. Sometimes we need to define just WHAT is the storm.

    ReplyDelete